Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Process

OH, you guys make it look so easy.....
Why are you selling the house for so much more than you paid for it?.....
Wow - wish we could buy a house that cheap....
That was fast....

Just some of the things we hear now that we are selling
so I thought I would give you a little of the "in between"
of before and afters that I have shared with you already!

I came across these pictures as I was looking for a particular one
and I thought I just had to share.  Hope you enjoy them!


The closets in the hallway upstairs had already been torn out and now the wall at the top
of the stairs was coming down....


Notice the fireplace brick has been primed but not painted and the walls were having wallpaper removed.  Wallpaper EVERYWHERE in this house....


The stairs are out!
This is looking from upstairs out to the front door.  The study is to the right...



Yes, we did use the ladder to go up and down for a while!  And we had a guest!
That is my friend, Deb Gerig in the dining room below.
The space behind the stairs had been opened up already in this picture and glass will
go in so that you can see into the dining room behind the stairs.
Warren is setting the newel posts at the bottom of where the stairs will be.


At last we can use the stairs!  It's still rough but it's workable!


I'm showing this picture so that you can see what it looks like from below when it was finished.
We feel like this was the most "worth while" project we have done on this house.  It's made the most difference in making this a unique but appealing place.

Time?  Yes, lots of it.  Money?  Yes.  Plenty.  Worth it?  YES, YES, YES!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment