Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Out of Sight - Not IF I Can Help It!

The Pantry.
Not something we had planned to do.
I mean, we were building it and we hadn't planned on having a pantry.
It was going to be a place where the refrigerator was recessed 
and the rest of the space was going to be outside storage.

Then I came home and saw it framed up and said
"this would be a great pantry".
And Warren laughed.
He had just told his visiting friend that when I got home and saw it
I would say exactly that.
And so, a pantry it became.
And we are so happy for that decision.
Flexibility.
Key word in remodeling.


There aren't really before pictures to show as there wasn't a pantry before
but this is the back door where the pantry door is now.

I knew that I wanted to put excess (yes, I have some of those) dishes
in the pantry and while we were planning it out
a friend mentioned that she had this hutch that she wanted removed from her house ASAP.
It was perfect.


It had lighting inside of which Warren wired to go on with the overhead light in the pantry.
We worked the shelving in the rest of the room around the hutch
and it worked out perfectly.



Finally all the old jars I have collected have a home
along with the baskets - both wire and wicker-
and my old brass jello molds....



Warren did an unbelievable job on the floor
(I kept telling him that details matter as he was laying the tile)!


And then there is my "beloved" door...





he's so hard to leave behind....

No comments:

Post a Comment