Thursday, September 5, 2013

Be HER Guest

I'm taking a small break from showing you more pictures of my house.
I was going through some of my pictures
and I wanted to take some time to show you a
few places that I feel at home...

I've had the joy of working on some projects on each of these people's places
but actually all of these women did the hard work!

All though these pictures are from a couple of years ago
they still hold the same inspiration for today.

So before summer turns to fall, here is the outdoor spaces of my dear friend, Deb.

You're going to feel right at home too!


Isn't it a great house?!
Deb lives in Oregon in a house that was built in the early 1900's.
Her husband bought it without her even seeing it while they were engaged.
She moved from Illinois
to find a house that needed work.  (I think that is putting it mildly!)
They have been married for 37 years now and still live in their honeymoon dream!

It's a great house but I'm only taking you to view the yard today.


One of the benefits of living in the same house for so many years is the plants!
This Clematis was a mother's day gift, if I remember correctly, that was given to Deb 20+ years ago!



She had a trellis but recently changed to a paned door without the glass
because the plant had outgrown the trellis.
Isn't it amazing?!  So cute.


Now, come along with me to the back yard.
Through this wonderful gate.
Her youngest son built the gate and trellis that, once again, a beautiful Clematis grows on.
I think she's got a way with these plants!



Then follow this wonderful brick path (which I helped her lay!) to the main part of the back yard.
I wish I had a picture of the cute wood working shed that is to the right in this last picture.
She does magical things in there with wood....
beside the shed there is also a vegetable garden with a picket fence around it -
I know, shoot me for not taking a picture of that!


And then you come to her backyard.  Small but not lacking for things to look at!



She uses fun, old things to fill with plants.....



and if you prefer you can exit out the side gate!  this picture is taken from the outside of the yard.
The rod iron gates were given to them - only problem was that you could see right into their back yard.
Their road is fairly busy with people walking by and they wanted privacy.  A friend of theirs suggested this treatment and it worked!

She eats most of her lunches out on a deck (she's wanting to redo that so I didn't put up pictures)
during the summer and I've been one of her lucky guests for that.  Such a peaceful place to be.

She continues to do things to her yard.....  maybe next year I'll get more pictures!

Hope you don't mind this small intrusion into your life, Deb!!!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures. Well written about Deb and Mike. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete