Wednesday, March 28, 2018

THE BONES

ARE YOU SHOCKED?  
Two posts in one week?
Can't believe it myself.

I decided that I would NOT wait until everything is done 
(like I did in the last 2 houses)
before I post pictures because then I NEVER post them.

You have to use a little bit of imagination.
We have yet to move into a house that is completely finished.
We just can't stand it.
We have good intentions
but as it gets closer to the time
I say "if the toilets work - I'm moving"
Well, the toilets don't work,
and yet, we have moved!

Yep, we are using an outhouse and an RV
while we wait for the septic and well to be hooked up to the house.
The mobile home had to be moved (it is)
and now we wait for the subcontractors to come and do their thing.
It's suppose to happen Monday.
We shall see....

Anyway, it was one of the easiest moves to date
as I put things in a box and walked next door.
Put them away and walked back.
Over and over again!

So, I am going to put aside my desire of blog worthy pictures
 and show you some snapshots
of my house unfinished, kinda the bones of it all.
I wish you could see in my head
what it looks like finished....

THE KITCHEN:


See my wonderful range hood?
I helped (mostly watched and held things!) Warren make this.
You can't believe what it takes structurally (and time wise)
BUT I knew he could do it even when he told me he couldn't!


My pantry.
I wanted a big walk in pantry.
A girl can't have everything she wants 
and we just couldn't make it happen...
How can I not love this though?!


Things you should NOT notice:
No crown molding or finished toe kicks.
No handles on the faucet (did I mention that I have no water?!)
Dishwasher is not installed...
No island yet.  (I know exactly what I want- of course -
 and it will be unpainted wood)
No back splashes.
It will all happen I just don't know when....

GLIMPSES OF SOME OTHER SPOTS AROUND THE HOUSE:


Looking into the dining room from the living room.
Out of those very windows there use to be a view of the mobile (very close).
It still looks strange (wonderful) without it there.
I made the chandelier when we lived in the Boise house.
This is the 4th house it has lived in.  I hope it can stay awhile!


Inside the front door.
See in the lower right corner is the dining room chair
and above that is the hall into the "guest wing"
(that sounds like a mansion, doesn't it!!!
it's not!)
The house is U-shaped so the guest area is off to itself.



The living room.
To the left is the double entry doors and to the right is a wall of windows.
Obviously the fireplace is not done,
nor is the entertainment center
and the furniture is a hodgepodge because
I sold a lot when we moved
but I DID warn you that we have 
a lot to do and it's not going to happen over night.

Well, Warren said he's off to bed
and I've got painting at the church to do again tomorrow.
(We bought a building that we are remodeling!)

I hope you"ll continue to join me 
as we finish one project at a time....

2 comments:

  1. I can SEE it and it is fabulous already!!! Thanks for giving us a birds-eye view as the creative process unfolds. You are brave and your vision is a beautiful thing. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all you have done. Love the dark blue kitchen. You and Warren make a good team!-Jo Steckly

    ReplyDelete