Tuesday, February 21, 2017

3 Houses - 3 Years: This and That

Wow - I've been lazy!  

We have moved 3 (yes, you read that right) times since I have posted!!!

First we bought a house in Boise that was built in 1993.  
We didn't get to do all that was in my heart for that house before we moved exactly a year later.

Then we moved to Nampa 
where we bought a house that was built in 1920.  
Love that house.
We pretty much redid that house and, I must say, she's looking pretty fine these days.  
Yes, we still own her but we are planning to put her on the market soon.

Now we are living in Marsing.  
In an old double wide mobile that stunk so badly 
that a person literally couldn't stand to be in it for long....
well, we have remedied that :) 
and we've done some fun, cheap things to make it livable until we build.  
But I must say, it's just not a bad little place to call home 
and I have had a lot of fun with her.

So....I thought I would just post some pictures 
of some of the random things I have been up to. 

Enjoy!


I just bought this old industrial storage shelf unit.  
Warren and I reconfigured it for this entertainment unit.  
It was more time consuming then we though (of course) but it turned out to be a fun piece.  
I'm loving it for now but when and if I get tired of it, it can be used in multiple other ways.


My brick wall - in the mobile!  

Bought some of that brick board at Lowes ($27 for a 4x8 sheet) and painted it white.  
It looks really great and it covers a hole where the hood vent had gone through the wall!


The kitchen 

Warren made melamine cabinets for this room because the old ones were so gross.  
A cheap fix - when you're in good with a cabinet maker!  
The "tile" is actually painted on the wall - grout and all. 
 I thought I would do this for two reasons: 

1.  would I get tired of so much pattern?
                  2. I would never buy tile with color because it's too 
             permanent and styles colors change to fast.
  
This way I could try out both and I am so glad I did.  I love what it adds to the kitchen.



A close up of the "tile".  
You can see in this picture where I have started
 to cover (edge) the butcher block laminate
with marble contact paper!  
It works and so far is holding up well.


Here you can see where we are putting down our "wood" peel 'n stick floor! 
We got it for .59 a square foot.  I ordered it from Lumber Liquidators.

We just wanted a quick, easy fix. 

When we started putting it down we were surprisingly pleased.  
It really does look great and is easy to clean.


OH, YES I DID!

I have been wanting a herring-bone floor so what better time to try it out but on a quick, cheap floor!  It wasn't "quick" but it was fun and I am so glad I took the time to do it because it makes me smile just to see it  AND  it breaks up all the flooring in otherwise a boring hallway.


Of course, 
 there has been more project than what I am showing you here

AND

I know you would probably rather see pictures of our 1920's house!
Maybe those will come....
or maybe this is a once every 3 year post!!!!



2 comments:

  1. You're amazing and have done a terrific job! Having moved twice in the past year, I am in awe that you had energy left for so many home projects. You go, girl! Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, Sheri, I really want to see what you did in the 1920 house, but I did enjoy seeng your creativity in this one, too.

    ReplyDelete